“Yummy Yellow” – Coconut Tumeric Soup
I shared it with one of my Health Coaching clients and she named it Yummy Yellow so since then that name has stuck with our family. This is definitely a family winner, we love it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. My kids are always requesting this in the winter as it always hits the spot. It’s warming, healing and its gently spicy nature keeps one coming back for more.
If you feel that the coconut milk is too strong, replace one can of coconut milk with water.
My kids will warm it up one the stove or in the thermomix and fill up their thermos to take to work to avoid using the microwave.
- 2cm square Ginger root
- 1 Onion
- 3-4 Coriander roots
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon Tumeric Powder
- 2 Lime leaves thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet potato diced
- 1.5 tablespoons of thermomix vegetable stock
- 2 cans organic coconut milk
- Fresh chilli (optional)
- Fresh beans topped and roughly cut into 3cm lengths or snow peas stringed then cut thinly diagonally or any seasonal greens
- Washed coriander finely cut
- Place the first 3 ingredients into the thermomix bowl and chop for 3 seconds/speed 7
- Scape down the bowl
- Add the next 3 ingredients and sauté for 3 minutes/varoma/speed 1
- Add next 4 ingredients and chilli if you are using it
- Cook for 20 minutes/reverse/90 degrees/speed 1
- Add beans and cook for 1 minute/reverse/100 degrees/speed 1
- Serve with coriander
What’s your favourite winter soup?
Share your comments below