Healthy Nut Free Lime Slice.
I love the freshness of lime. Here is a simple nut free lime slice delivering the goodness of pepitas and sunflower seeds and good fats with the benefits of lime oil. Great for anyone looking for gluten free, dairy free, paleo, vegan or healthy treats without refined sugar.
It’s so easy and fast in the thermomix or a powerful blender. With raw desserts and treats you don’t need the extra time in the oven and the treats last for a long time in the fridge.
Please use Young Living Lime oil only. You don’t normally see essential oils for using on the skin let alone ingestible. Lime oil has been approved by TGA as an ingestible oil. To learn more about Young Living Oils here or attend one of our Essential Oils 101 classes.
Invest in a good quality Microplane to zest the citrus
- 100g organic pepitas
- 100g organic sunflower seeds 200g organic sultanas
- 40g organic cold pressed coconut oil
- 2 Limes zested
- Juice half a lime
- 80g organic shaved or shredded coconut
- 4-6 drops Young Living Lime Oil
- Note: Soak the sultanas for a few hours if you would like to remove some sweetness
- Line a brownie tray with baking paper
- Blend sunflower seeds, pepitas and coconut 6 sec/speed 4
- Add all other ingredients into Thermomix and blitz 15 seconds/speed 6
- Scrape down with spatula and blitz again if you like a finer texture.
- Spread into prepared tray and press in firmly with the back of a spoon. If you like the final slice to be thicker then make another batch to add to the top
- Refrigerate for a few hours or freeze for an hour before cutting and store in a container for easy access
Lift the slab out onto a chopping board and cut into the desired pieces with a large cook’s knife. Store in an air tight container. When you are taking them out pack a freezer pack to keep them cold and firm.
Let me know how you like them.