The Magic Immune Uplift is a drink inspired by one we had at one of our favourite places to eat in Sydney, called Bread & Circus.
This is our version of The Magic Immune Uplift or lemsip. It’s a beautiful warming drink made with lots of love. This is a great excuse to use some of the herbs you might not use so often. We love to use our Young Living essential oils as well. (Note:please only use therapeutic grade essential oils to flavour. Find our more here.)
This is all about finding the perfect balance between sweet & sour with a beautiful herbal kick.
Great for helping you to keep your body strong during the winter months and keeps the body alkalised. Make up a pot and travel with it in a thermos. It’s also great if you feel a cold coming on. Drink this every hour to kick the cold and go to bed. Sleep is the best thing for a cold. Keep your body really warm as well. The thyme and rosemary help to fight the bacteria while the ginger gives you good circulation, warming and moving the toxins. Use a good raw honey from farmers markets where possible.
Tea time, a time to RELAX. Enjoy the small things in life. Make time for a DNM (deep & meaningful).
You might be thinking relax… I relax all the time but when you truly relax, you’ll be like wow! I need to do this more!
Relaxing exercise that will really help to reset the nervous system, and allow the body to calm down: Corpse Pose – by Chloe
- Lie on your back on something comfortable like a yoga mat or a few towels, you can have a pillow under your knees if the lower back feels uncomfortable.
- Lay your arms out by your sides about 1 foot away from the body, palms facing up
- Let your legs lay out straight about a foot or two apart and let your feet splat out to the sides
- Draw your shoulder blades down away from the face, relax the neck, jaw and eyes.
- Think about the sounds that surround you and don’t let your mind attach to any thoughts that come. Let them go.
- Feel your body heavy, let it sink into the ground as you lie in stillness for 6 minutes.
- You may want to set a very soft or subtle alarm, you might fall asleep…Enjoy!
- 2cm ginger thinly sliced (or 1 drop of Young Living ginger oil)
- 4-6 springs of thyme (or 1 drop of Young Living thyme oil)
- 1-2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2tbs raw honey
- 2tbs apple cider vinegar
- ½ lemon juiced (or 4-6 drops of Young Living lemon oil)
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 1 drop of cinnamon essential oil instead)
- 2 dried maize flowers (optional)
- Gather it all into your favourite teapot and and fill it with boiling water.
- Stir and let it steep for 5 minutes and enjoy!
- You can top it up again with more lemon, honey and apple cider.
- Drink regularly in the winter to build up your immunity
This is such a satisfying tea especially if you are a tea lover and want to try something new.
Have a coffee craving? Maybe try something new and add this Magic Immune Uplift to your morning or afternoon essentials and skip out on the coffee.