I was so surprised when I tried these brownies, not often you find a brownie that is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free that tastes like a REAL brownie plus it has a vegetable in it.
This recipe was inspired by our love for brownies and Eat Drink Paleo we have turned it into a thermomix recipe.
Hold on to your belts cause this brownie will rock your world!
Let’s get started!
- 1 medium sweet potato any colour we used orange
- 3 eggs
- 40g raw honey
- tsp vanilla
- 60g melted coconut oil
- 50g cacao powder
- 40g coconut flour
- ½tsp bicarb
- 1tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 185 °C (365 °F), make sure the oven is hot before you put in the brownies in.
- Prepare medium sized brownie tin and line with baking paper
- Cut sweet potato into 3cm cubes blitz speed20/5sec
- Add eggs, honey, vanilla and melted coconut oil and mix speed4/5sec
- Add in cacao powder, coconut flour, bicarb, baking powder and pinch of salt then mix speed 5 3 sec pst... Avoid adding too much coconut flour as it will absorb too much moisture which will result in drier brownies.
- Spread into your lined tin and cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove the tin and cool for 5-10 minutes before carefully removing the brownie cake form the tin. Cut them into squares and dust with a little cacao powder and serve with coconut cream and fresh berries or continue onto making your ganache frosting