Healthy Thermomix Coconut Apricot Raw Bars
When I began my journey into eating a plant based diet and excluding gluten, dairy and refined sugar I discovered amazing alternatives that didn’t leave my body feeling drained and tired just from eating sugary snacks.
These protein bars are so easy to put together in the thermomix or your food processor. Just remember to be careful not to over blend as the oils will come out of the nuts. However feel free to blend everything a little more if you want to hide anything from fussy eaters. I personally find these hard to stop at one. They almost taste like white chocolate.
I love making these up in batches to store in the fridge for random visitors – my children that is. No matter what age they are, they will always go to the fridge and stand there looking!!
- 100g Organic Pepitas
- 240g Organic raw macadamia nuts
- 240g Organic sundried apricots
- 150g Organic dried cranberries
- 2 cup or 120g Organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp 120g Organic coconut oil (use coconut butter in the summer as it holds better)
- In Thermomix
- Process the apricots 15 seconds/speed 6
- Add coconut oil and process another 5 secs/speed 4
- Add the rest of the ingredients then process to combine 5 seconds/speed 5.
- Turbo/pulse a few times until well combined or to reach your desired consistency. Be careful not to over process at this point as the oils will be released from the nuts and coconut. Some like it a little chunkier
- Spread into a baking tin lined with baking paper and press in well with the back of a spoon or roll into bite sized balls.
- Refrigerate till firm for at least 2 hours before cutting into bars. These raw bars should keep in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container for up to a month.